The next Lucan Toastmasters meeting is:
Thursday 1st September
Arrival time: 7.45pm for meeting start at 8.00pm
Venue: Springfield Hotel.
What is it all about?
Lucan Toastmasters will give you the skills and confidence you need to effectively express yourself in any situation.
Whether you are a professional, student, stay-at-home parent or retiree, Toastmasters is the most efficient, enjoyable and affordable way of gaining great communication skills.
By learning to effectively formulate and express your ideas, you open up an entirely new world of possibilities.
You’ll be more persuasive and confident when giving presentations, and you’ll improve your one-on-one dealings with others.
Visitors are always welcome to come to visit our Toastmasters Club.
For additional information call Vice President Membership Pawel Stepala on 087 254 8828 or email: email@example.com
Welcome to Lucan Toastmasters, the club where you can improve your public speaking skills. We are over 30 years in existence. Since we launched way back in 1983 Lucan Toastmasters has helped hundreds of people improve what is considered to be the greatest fear – speaking to a crowd.
The best way to conquer that fear is to practice and practice and as a famous book title says ‘Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway’.
The Lucan branch of Toastmaster is one of the biggest in the country and some of the members have won speech contests both here and abroad.
People join the club for many reasons – to practice for a wedding speech, to improve their career prospects, to be more confident promoting their own business, or just for personal development. Apart from that, we have a great social group and a chance to start new friendships.
We meet every second Thursday at 8pm in the Springfield Hotel, close to Leixlip.
The Toastmaster’s Promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication, Advanced Communication, or Competent Leadership manuals
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities