Welcome to Lucan Toastmasters’ Member page.
Here you’ll find information in the attachments that may be useful whether it be your first speech or you’ve been speaking for years.
Did you know that as a member you can book roles and request speeches online by logging in here ► http://toastmasterclub.org/ and you can also view your education awards (CC and CL) and update your contact information on the Toastmasters International website by logging here ►https://www.toastmasters.org/.
* Please note you must update your contact details personally as TI does not allow the club to do this.
If you have problems please contact the Vice President Education
The first challenge for any new member is to work through the speeches in the “Competent Communicator” Manual. This involves doing ten speeches each of which focuses on a different challenge in speech-making. The speeches can be on any topic of a member’s choosing, so long as it focuses on the challenge set by that particular stage. There is no set time limit for getting through all ten speeches, but on average it takes anything from 2-4 years until all are complete. We encourage members to go at their own pace. Once all ten speeches are complete, the member will achieve a “CC” distinction after their name.
- Stage 1 – The Ice Breaker
- Stage 2 – Organize Your Speech
- Stage 3 – Get To The Point
- Stage 4 – How To Say It
- Stage 5 – Your Body Speaks
- Stage 6 – Vocal Variety
- Stage 7 – Research Your Topic
- Stage 8 – Get Comfortable With Visual Aids
- Stage 9 – Persuade With Power
- Stage 10 – Inspire Your Audience